Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Discoveries!!

I am going to start getting up early on the weekends to have a cup of coffee and some alone time with God. I may blog here from time to time as well. (Depending on how the kids are!!) This morning, Aidan is reading quietly in his room and Emma is still sleeping. We were up late because of church last night. It is already 9:25. I will get them both up soon so we can go grocery shopping and then probably go to my parents' house this afternoon for supper.

I wanted to share an amazing thing that happened last night. I have been doing worship and puppets at church for the Preschoolers. (Actually, I've done puppets twice and worship once!) Anyway, it was awesome. The lady that organizes it only knows a bit about me. That I can sing and did puppets on Morning Star. She doesn't know how/ where I have sung. She doesn't know about Vacation Bible School every summer. She just knows that I can sing. Keep this in mind.

Last night she comes up to me and asks if I would be interested in helping her choose songs and making up actions to the songs. I could listen to the CDs and pick ones that my kids are really into. Then we will meet in a couple of weeks and start making up actions!! I have told her nothing, and yet she said to me that I was the person she thought of right away.... A total God thing.

In my last blog entry I said that I wanted to go out on a limb and do something different. This is not something different, but it is different for the setting. I am really excited about this. God really is leading me in a new direction and I love it!! He is good.

I hope that you are all having a wonderful day today. It is Chinooking outside!! This makes us all happy!!

Oh and Paul Brandt was there last night and I got a glimpse of his new little baby! So cute!! (If you don't know who he is, click here!!) Anyway, here's a song about our lovely province of Alberta, by Paul! Enjoy!

Alberta Bound - Paul Brandt

2 comments:

SandraG said...

Sounds like a perfect ministry for you. I was asked to do something too. Dad and I were asked by one of the pastors to sell books after the service today - a one -time thing - but considering I am rarely asked to do anything, I was pleased. We sold almost every book he gave us. There were only about half a dozen left for the second service. He was amazed. That will teach him!

I told him that he was leading us astray since he was asking us to be money changers in the House of the Lord. He retorted that at least it was Biblical. Pastor Bell the elder has a quick wit. He is a rarity - a Baptist with a sense of humour.

Melissa said...

Definitely a good start to the new year!

We owe each other coffee btw!

P.S. That song is fantastic. I adore Paul Brandt.

This blog is copyright protected. Please do not use any of this without my permission. Thanks! Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker