Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Being a Mom and Having a Mom

I love being a Mom.  I have wanted to be one since I was a kid.  I always wanted to stay home with my kids, too when they were young.  I am able to do this, too.  I find it such a blessing that I am able to spend so much time with them and nurturing them, teaching them and helping them to grow into wonderful people.

Of course the only way that I was able to be such a great Mom is because I had one.  My Mom was able to stay home with both my sister and I until Jenny was in Kindergarten.  Then she decided she could go back to work, only if she could do a job where she was done when we were done.  She started working for the school board and has done so ever since.

She was always involved in what we were doing, whether it be Sunday School, Girl Guides, helping out with Youth, volunteering so I could go to Europe with my Junior High band...She was just always there. 

Our house was always the hang out spot for all my friends, too.  I remember Grad in Grade 12.  My parents let Janet drive their van for the after grad parties.  Then we all crashed at my house.  I hope that our house becomes the hang out place for our kids.  I figure that will make it easier for me to know what they are doing.  Plus, I really want to be an example of Christ to my kids' friends, welcoming them into our home.

My Mom has become one of my best friends.  She is so supportive and a good person to turn to for advice and if you need to vent.  I also know that she has a very close relationship with God and prays a lot.  I am so glad to be her daughter.  Thanks, Mom for everything.

No comments:

This blog is copyright protected. Please do not use any of this without my permission. Thanks! Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker