
Clare over at The Lilac Grove was talking about favorite soundtracks. Since today is Tuesday, I thought that would be the perfect topic for my blog today.
I am sure most of us have a favorite soundtrack. I have several, but I will try and keep it down to 2.
When I was growing up, there were 2 movies that I just absolutely LOVED!! I would watch them over and over again. (There were a lot of those, actually, but these ones stand out!!)
The first is Top Gun. I loved that movie and still do! I finally bought my own copy for my home. Back when Tom Cruise wasn't so weird...You remember those days. And before Anthony Edwards was a famous Doctor on ER. He was just Goose!! Anyway, here's one of my faves from that soundtrack!!
The other movie I thought of right away was Dirty Dancing. I love that movie. Ahhh...Patrick Swayze..."Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" Yes, that movie totally rocked. Anyway, here is a sample song from that movie!!
So what are some of your favorite movie soundtracks? I'd love to know. Leave me a link to a video and I will check it out!!
1 comment:
You, being much younger than I am, are such a child of the 80's!! :-) I have heard of these movies, but never saw them for some reason....
My favorite movie soundtracks are "Rushmore"(loads of songs from the 60's like Small Faces, Cat Stevens, and original music composed by Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh), "Trainspottimg", the "Shrek" soundtrack(really!), and of course, old standards like "Oklahoma", "My Fair Lady", West Side Story", "The Sound Of Music".
Post a Comment