It is that time of the day. The house is quiet. The kids are "resting" and I am just about finished my lunch. I have checked out all of the blogs, Facebook, Tweets and email. I have cleaned up after lunch. Now?? What should I do??Well, this weekend I was reminded that I have this precious couple of hours to spend with God. The kids are quiet and not interrupting me. Also, if I spend time with God right now, then I do not feel guilty for not getting up at 6am to spend that time with Him. He doesn't care when I do it, just that I do it!! It sounds like a perfect plan. A perfect solution to my nagging spirit that is in need of some Abba time!!
So, the question remains...Why haven't I been doing it? Why do I find it so easy to spend my time on things that are here today and gone tomorrow? What is the point?
I have no good excuses. Just excuses. No real reasons. I mean, there are times when I need to do some Girl Guide stuff. (Excuses) Sometimes I need to email people. (Excuses) Sometimes I feel like I must write something on my heart so others can read and hear and understand. (Excuses)
The point is: I have no good reason for not doing it. So starting today I am going to be doing some quiet time with God at my regular scheduled computer time. I will still be online, but not for as much time as I would normally be on.
My prayer for you all is to find that few minutes in your day (I am sure you have some) where you can spend time with God. That you would look past all your excuses and find that time!! That is my prayer for you and my prayer for me!! Let's do this together!!
3 comments:
You are right: we never plan that special time of silence anymore. At least I don't anymore. Somehow we just run through life and do 'other things' ;-).
Ah well...there's still time for change ;-).
I am not receiving these blogs until long after the fact. Our culture is really not conducive to quiet contemplation. In fact if there is a moment of silence at church people get antsy. We have become accustomed to noise, noise and more noise. I often have the TV on just for company because the silence in much too loud!
I had some "quiet time" today, simply thinking good thoughts and enjoying the beauty of autumn outside. I don't know if that means time spent with God to you, though.
I am glad you had that contemplative time for yourself and for what is important in your life(besides your family, Girl Guides, etc.)and hope you'll be able to make more time for it in the coming weeks, months..
Post a Comment