Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Fill-in: New Season of TV!!

Fringe Pictures, Images and Photos
The first episode of "Fringe" was on last night. I am totally addicted to that show. I just love it. Anyway, it left me with more questions than answers and I am still thinking about them. Looks like it should be another good season!!

I watched "Survivor" last night, as well, care of my hubby. There is a guy on there trying to control his whole team...and it is working!! I am intrigued by him and the way he is playing the game. I guess I will have to tune in next week.

I don't understand why all the good shows are on one night. I also watch CSI (the original, not the other 2), which is on at the same time as "Fringe". Unfortunately, I can't watch them both at the same time. So, I am going to watch "Fringe" and tape "CSI". You also have "The Office" and "Grey's Anatomy", all on Thursdays. Seriously? Are there no other nights for TV?

Monday is the 2 hour episode of "House". They showed a preview of it last night...I can't wait to watch it. I love House and I love the weird and eclectic music they use on the show. I am excited.

A week Sunday is the beginning of "Amazing Race". It looks like an interesting cast this year. I have already pegged out a few teams that will probably end up bickering the whole time, until they get eliminated because it gets in the way of the game. It is Jonathan's favorite show. He has all the seasons on tape (like father like son). Anyway, it should be good.

What shows are you most looking forward to this fall?


1. My car is a nice, reliable Toyota Corolla. A standard. I am always amazed at how easy it is to drive a standard since I didn't know how a couple of years ago.

2. Thanksgiving is coming up next. I can't wait to eat turkey and pumpkin pie.

3. Lately, things seem hectic. Getting Aidan to school on time. Walking. Eating. Sleeping... I seem to be on the go...A LOT!!

4. Inside a really good book is one of my favorite 'hiding' places. There is nothing like losing yourself in the characters, the theme, the surroundings. I love reading books!!

5. What happened to TGIF on TV? Do you remember? "Family Matters", "Full House", "Step by Step", "America's Funniest Home Videos"...When we could all sit down as a family and watch TV. Those days are long gone...

6. Sleeping in with kids is not impossible! I just need it to be Saturday!! LOL!!!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to shopping for a birthday present, tomorrow my plans include a birthday party and working in Promiseland at church and Sunday, I want to RELAX!

3 comments:

Gal Friday said...

Good Fill-ins's, Amanda!
I hear ya on the hectic schedule now that shcool has started--my day is so filled--leave work, get to the school(or after school sporting event), bring my daughter home, check calendar to make sure I am on top of all the meetings, parent's nights, doc. and dental appts., and birthday dinners..make lunches at night, fall into bed. Phew! Still, I should not complain--I am healthy and able(just barely) to keep up with it all. We CAN do it(even if the messes in the house might have to be ignored for a while)!
I am not looking forward to much of anything on TV--I got what I was waiting for back in June when Conan O'Briend took over the "Tonight Show".
I am in awe that "Survivor" is still on after all these years--the Grand Daddy of the reality shows, and maybe the best? (besides your other fave, "Amazing Race", that is)

Jessica said...

I love House, too. My husband and I are looking forward to that one, for sure. Last season was FULL of shockers, huh?

I also am looking forward to Flash Forward. That one looks CRAZY, but we're going to have to record that one because I have Bible Study that night.

And I totally agree - where did TGIF go? I loved watching those at slumber parties!

cessie said...

I don't know Fringe nor Survivor, but do know Greys Anatomy...and love it :-).
We have not discovered that much of interesting tv shows here...I guess the most is Asian. So I'm not sure what to look forward to yet lol.
We have been watching The big bang theory and are now watching NCIS on dvd. I guess we will get used to the channels here sooner or later. Will let you know what we will watch by then ;-)

Yummie pumkin pie...I love almost all kinds of pumpkin dishes!!

I can imagine life is so busy for you with kids on the go all the time! Hope you will be able to breathe here and there!

Love to read as well...though my present book (the last Chinese chef) already waits for me unopened for a few days haha. Need to find some peace at mind again I guess!

Have a great weekend!!

This blog is copyright protected. Please do not use any of this without my permission. Thanks! Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker