Okay. So I know last week I was complaining about the Christmas music. Then last Friday I found a wonderful album. It is Sara Groves new Christmas Album. I have featured her here before (see Wednesday, July 30, 2008). I love her stuff as it is not always the traditional Christian music we here on the radio. The Christmas album is like this, as well.
I am going to feature a few Christmas song favorites from now until Christmas. (I know it is still over a month away, but I love Christmas music!) The first one is one off Sara's album called: To Be with You. It is not online anywhere to listen to, so you will have to just read the lyrics. It is a wonderful song and I think it fits perfectly with everyone getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving in the States as well as Christmas. Enjoy!
To Be With You
By Sara Groves, Ben Shive and Andy Gullahorn
We come in from our travels
Lay our gifts beneath the tree
my mothers in the kitchen
the parade is on tv
my father’s with his father
their setting out some toys
the kids all want the train he’s had
since he was a boy
to be with you
to be with you
i love this time of year
it always brings me here
to be with you
I fall in with my sisters
just like when we were young
my grandma holds the baby
she rocks and softly hums
we gather round the table
we close our eyes and sing
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
to be with you
to be with you
i love this time of year
it always brings me here
to be with you
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
We set our milk and cookies
the kids are quick to bed
they know St. Nick is coming
and nothing need be said
we gather by the fire
reminiscing by it’s light
the kids will be up early
but it’s hard to say goodnight
to be with you
to be with you
i love this time of year
it always brings me here
to be with you
No comments:
Post a Comment