Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

ELECTION 2008

Yes, it is that wonderful time, when all the pandering, gossiping, name-slinging, finger-pointing and endless promises comes to an end. Tomorrow is Election day. There will be no more time for proposals, ideas, threats, higher taxes, more spending...It all comes down to how the people will vote.

When you think about it, it is really quite fascinating. We put so much emphasis on the process of being elected, and yet it is the actual time in the Parliament that really counts. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out, but I am sure it will be a minority government again, with Harper in the lead.

I am working the election again. I am doing the same job that I did last election. There is way less writing this time, though. Hopefully I will not get a hand cramp like last time. It will be pretty quiet until supper time. That's when everyone shows up!! I can hardly wait!!

I hope all you Canadians out there will get out and vote. It is important and such a duty and responsibility as a citizen. (I have said a lot on this before, so I won't continue!!)

Take care and I will be back later to discuss the results!

1 comment:

4streegrrl said...

I was at my polling station when it opened at 7am this morning, and I have voted. I just hope that this will be the last election we see for awhile, minority or not. Heading to the polls every two years or so, depending on the whim of the government-in-charge or the government-wannabes, does not make for a very inspired election and electorate.

This blog is copyright protected. Please do not use any of this without my permission. Thanks! Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker