For the record: I never have been able to see very well. I wear glasses. My dad has hardly any periferal vision. It has been passed on to me. Jonathan is used to me by now. He grabs me when I am going to walk into something or someone. He bugs me about it, but he still protects me.
I know there are other people out there who are just like me. I generally think that everyone is like that, and therefore do things a bit differently. I wait instead of charging ahead. I would wait the 5 seconds before going into another person's personal space (i.e. right beside that person)!
Now let me clarify a bit. I do not blame the other lady. I don't. She was just doing her shopping. I was the one who didn't see her.
It happened in the dairy section, right in front of the whipped cream. I was grabbing some whipped cream off the shelf for supper last night. (It was a million degrees, so I decided to make mousse!) I was reaching for the whipped cream, and turning to my right to get back to Jonathan. In the meantime, this nice lady had stepped right beside me, blocking my path back to Jonathan. When I say right, I mean like not even a foot away. I guess she thought she could grab whatever she needed before I left the shelf.
Another important thing I forgot to tell you: I was holding a coffee in my hand at the time. I had taken the lid off of the cup because it always leaks all over my shirt. It is annoying.
Anyways, I turned and walked right into the lady. Everything went in slow motion. I tried to stop my coffee (which was lukewarm, thankfully) from spilling, but it was too late. It went all over her arm; all over my foot. I had nothing to clean it up with - no kleenex/tissues in my purse. I felt horrible. Apologized 3 times, but there was nothing I could do.
I went back to Jonathan and he said: "Are we going to get sued?" Ahhh. My lovely, comedic husband. Gotta love him. (He made fun of me all the way home, while I beat myself up all the way home!!)
The irony: I am getting my eyes checked on Tuesday.
------------
We spent lots of time with Granny and Grandpa on Sunday, which was nice. Grandpa is doing a lot better. He seems to be recovering well.
Jonathan and I watched the movie "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet where they swap houses for the Christmas holiday. Very good. Check my review out.
But the most exciting thing that happened was that Canada won a lot of medals. We now have 8 medals: 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 4 Bronze! I am so proud!!
Today is laundry day and playing in the pool day. It is supposed to be 34 degrees celcius today. Too hot for anything!! I will be trying to stay cool!
Here's to Canada!
2 comments:
Oh poor YOU, spilling the coffee on the other shopper. I can imagine I would have felt the same way--mortified and embarrssed and oh so sorry about it. Just one of those unfortunate things--I would hope she is laughing about it now.(and really, it could have been far worse had the coffee been hotter.)
Stay cool(did the mousse come out well??)and lets enjoy watching the athletes compete in the remaining days of the Olympics. Go Canada! Go USA! (actually, I am impressed and amazed by so many of the different country's perticipants...did you see the Romanian woman who finished first in the Marathon? Or Jamaica's Usian "Lightening" Bolt run?)
"..perticipants" Ouch...I don't know why I mispell and make so many typos... ;-P
Post a Comment