Yes, we did the Stampede yesterday. Always a lot of fun, but everyone is always tired afterwards.
We took the C-Train down to the grounds. (Parked at the Zoo) After missing 2 trains, (Thank-you Calgary Transit!!) we decided to put down the stroller. I would carry Emma and Jonathan would herd Aidan onto the train while lugging the stroller. I prayed that we would get on the next train, as Aidan was getting very impatient. We did and it ended up being a train that was going to the Stampede. (Otherwise we would have had to transfer.) Thank-you God for tiny blessings!!
We get to the grounds and we are all herded like a bunch of cattle through the gates. (Seems apropos for the Stampede!)
Aidan went on lots of rides (pictured above) and Emma went on her first Merry-go-round ride. Daddy took her on again for the second time, while Aidan and I were waiting to get on the roller coaster(see above). We stood in line for 25 mins. to go on it, but Aidan loved it. Well worth the wait, I suppose.
I am astounded by the price of everything these days. Those mini donuts (you know the ones you can't stop eating) used to be 3 bags for $5. Now?? They are 2 bags for $5!! Crazy. They are just dough, sugar and cinnamon. How much does that cost??? Games are also now $3 as opposed to $2. Perhaps I am just getting old. Soon I will be saying, "Remember when...."
Everyone had a good time, I suppose. We had no problems getting on the train to go home. We even rode the train with some people that we had ridden with on the way down. After stopping for Slurpee's (a tradition of Stampede day) we got home in one piece at 3 or so. Emma went for a nap, Aidan watch Monsters Inc. and Jonathan and I vegged. I am still recovering.
The good news? I get to go back with my sister on Friday night to watch the chuck wagon races. Then we get to go to the West Jet barns and meet the chuck wagon driver for West Jet. I am so excited....
1 comment:
What are the "Chuck Wagon" races?? Very curious about these western Canadian ways...! :-)
From seeing the sky in the photos, it looks like you had a great day at The Stampede fair!! I know, these things get SO expensive(the rides, especially) but it seems like one of those things you just HAVE to do, right??!! I think from now on, your childre won't let you NOT take them every year.
Post a Comment